Copyright / Permission to Reproduce Images
All artworks, photographs and other images used on this site are the property of the artist and/or photographer who have contributed them. No unauthorized reproduction, public exhibition or re-use is permitted. Distribution of the artworks through any means, including electronic, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from the Canada Council for the Arts or from the originating artist or photographer. To obtain permission to re-use material from this web site, please contact the web manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce Text
Materials on the site were produced and /or compiled by the Canada Council for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered. The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreement. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission. Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in whole or in part and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Canada Council for the Arts. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- The Canada Council for the Arts be identified as the source agency; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Canada Council.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce Third-Party Materials
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the site are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a government organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Canada Council for the Arts
Marketing Communications P.O. Box 1047
Canada Council Art Bank
P.O. Box 1047
Official Languages Notice
The Canada Council for the Arts respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on Canada Council web sites are available in both English and French. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a courtesy and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
- Canada Council for the Arts web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that should you correspond voluntarily with the Canada Council by electronic mail or any other medium, the personal information that we hold, create and collect from you is used only for administrative and statistical purposes and is not shared or disclosed to anyone outside The Canada Council for the Arts without your consent.
- The Canada Council for the Arts employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Canada Council occasionally uses “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy or the administration of the Privacy Act at the Canada Council for the Arts, you may contact the Privacy Coordinator by e-mail at email@example.com, by calling (613) 566-4414, or 1-800-263-5588, extension 4261 or regular mail to:
The Canada Council for the Arts
P.O. Box 1047
Links to web sites not under the control of the Canada Council for the Arts are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Canada Council is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content. The Canada Council does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Canada Council sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Canada Council links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.